Changing Room and Showering Facilities Policy Statement
Littleborough Cricket & Sports Club (“the Club”) is committed to ensuring all Children (i.e. all persons under the age of 18) participating in cricket have a safe and positive experience.
The Club will do this by:
- Ensuring that adults do not change, or shower, at the same time using the same facility as children. Where appropriate, separate changing rooms will be made available.
- Ensuring adults change at separate times or in separate changing rooms to children during matches.
- In the rare event that adults and children need to share a changing facility, the Club will obtain prior written consent from parents that their child(ren) can share a changing room with adults in the Club.
- If children play for an open age team, they, and their parents, will be informed of the Club’s policy on changing arrangements.
- Mixed gender teams will have access to separate male and female changing rooms
- Where adults and children are in the same team, the use of mobile phones will not be acceptable in the changing room environment.
If any child is uncomfortable changing or showering at the Club, no pressure will be placed on them to do so and they may change and shower at home if they wish to without being made to feel uncomfortable for doing so.
Reviewed and re-issued November 2021.