Chairman’s Blog – 22/04/21 – “You’re in Safe Hands”.
As a facility at the heart of its community for its community, Littleborough Cricket Club is delighted to continue to keep its doors open to members and non-members, for the time being, from Mondays to Thursdays. However, we have taken the decision, based on safety and enjoyment, to only allow members into the Club from Fridays to Sundays.
We want you to have a good time but the safety and enjoyment of our members is paramount to us, as is the continued compliance with Government and ECB COVID Regulations and Guidance. Junior practice sessions take place throughout the evening on a Friday and senior cricket is predominately played over the weekend, so we want all our cricket loving members, parents and visitors to feel that they are in ‘safe hands’, because, they are.
It has been a significant step forward for us all, to experience some form of reality again and to enjoy some time out of the house, in a safe environment, with family and friends, so we have been working hard to ensure that, where required, lessons are learnt and improvements to the environment and services we provide, are made.
I would like to respectfully request that everyone attending your Club continues to comply with the guidelines and improvements we have put in place, firstly, in order to open our doors, and secondly, as a result of the learning we have taken from our experiences, to date.
Our excellent, friendly staff work extremely hard to provide you all with the service you require and do not come to work to receive any form of abuse or disrespect, they are human beings too and it goes without saying that inappropriate behaviour cannot and will not be tolerated.
I would also like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that chooses to join us of the following;
- Everyone must wear a face covering, before entering the Club
- On a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, anyone wishing to enter the Club will need to be a Member. (Members will be allowed to bring their partners with them and parents of children playing or practising cricket will be allowed entry for safeguarding purposes)
- Unfortunately, Memberships that have been applied for and not fully processed, will not be counted as valid (Fully processed memberships will have a card available for use)
- Unfortunately, Memberships cannot be processed on the day, on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, at the moment
- Entry to the Club will be strictly controlled
- Everyone must register their details (electronically or manually) for track and trace purposes
- Everyone entering the Club must find somewhere safe to be seated
- Strictly no more than 6 to a table or those from no more than 2 households
- Strictly no movement of furniture
- The provision of food and/or drink will be by table service only
- Please do not approach the bar area for service
- Face coverings must be worn when not seated
- Walking around the ground, with food or drink, is not permissible
As cricket for all ages and the good weather continues, I would ask that we all comply with the Regulations and Guidelines in place please so that Littleborough Cricket Club can be there for you and make you feel very welcome to enjoy the opportunity to be out with family and/or friends, in ‘safe hands’.